Building a professional LinkedIn profile that is marketable and attractive is essential in the modern business world. It’s vital to create a profile that shows your professional aptitude and accomplishments. The Piccolo Marketing team can help you build and maintain a professional LinkedIn profile that displays who you are and what you do in the best light.
The Process Of Creating A Professional LinkedIn Profile
- Your Professional Photo. The first step in setting up your profile is to have a professional photo taken. It can be a simple shot of you in business attire before a plain white background for a clean look that conveys openness and friendliness.
- Your Headline. At the top of your LinkedIn profile, you will find your headline. This is your optimum opportunity to tell the business world who you are, so you will want to take full advantage of the limited space. If you are looking to stand out, put a personal twist on it in addition to what you know people will expect to see.
- Your Summary. This is where you want to spend the most amount of time going into detail about your business and yourself. It’s an excellent opportunity to list your key values, greatest achievements, passions, strengths, and personality. Be sure to avoid buzzwords to keep your profile unique.
- Your Experience. This is where you can take full advantage of the more extensive and interactive interface that LinkedIn offers. Emphasize relevant experience and associated accomplishments that correspond with your headline here. Be sure to upload blog posts, multimedia projects, and other business-related ventures that will improve and polish your profile.
Adding The Finishing Touches To Your LinkedIn Profile
Here are a few final finishing touches that will keep your LinkedIn profile looking clean and inviting:
- Customize your LinkedIn URL (preferably to your name/field combination)
- Join relevant groups for your field
- Turn off notifications for adjustments
- Seek out connections
- Reorder your profile to emphasize your brand
Putting your best foot forward online is essential and can benefit your entire career, but the actual project can seem pretty daunting. Here at Piccolo Marketing, we are skilled at helping small business owners build and maintain their brand. We also offer mentoring and training services too! We get stuff done here at Piccolo. Give us a call!